Packaging Technologist Food
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Food organization, based in Gelderland Netherlands.
A market leader in the food industry. As Packaging Technologist you will report to the Senior Packaging Engineer in the R&D department. In this new position you will get a lot of responsibilities.
As Packaging Engineer you will support the development and commercialization of new and modified packaging products.
- Communicate packaging requirements and results both formally through written reports and informally within the function and cross functionally, to achieve project and business goals.
- Represent the R&D packaging function and work effectively in cross-functional teams providing packaging leadership and technical guidance to achieve business objectives.
- Apply technical packaging information from a wide variety of sources to solve difficult problems and provide solutions based on risk and benefit assessments.
- Apply fundamental packaging principles in recognizing potential issues and identifies timely and cost effective solutions.
- Act as the key technical expert on the start-up of new packaging lines, and qualification of existing lines and equipment.
- Work with production and process engineers, planning during the preparation and execution of plant trials.
- Work on a variety of packing machines including ones that use metal cans, flexible materials (pouches), corrugate & paperboard outer packaging, and labels & printing processes.
- Degree in Engineering
- Experience in all phases of the packaging development process, encompassing search, early development, advanced development, implementation of CAPEX equipment, launch and commercialization required.
- Demonstrated competence in the preparation of packaging specification documentation, regulatory requirements and protocol development.
- Experience in translating packaging material and component parameters into functional packaging specifications.
- Experience with multiple packaging equipment and supporting definition of equipment requirements necessary to meet packaging needs.
- Understanding of a broad spectrum of packaging materials, structures, components, and related conversion processes.
- In depth understanding of packaging testing systems (procedures, protocols, and testing equipment) with the knowledge to modify to specific needs.
- In depth understanding of packaging equipment and packaging material/component interaction.
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Frederieke Beunk.