Senior Computational Chemist (m/w)
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Biotechnology organization, based in Germany.
The company is specialised in Lead Discovery
I am currently looking for an expert in Computational Chemistry (m/w) to perform all molecular modeling activities within the medicinal chemistry Department.
- Responsible for molecular modeling activities within a drug discovery team
- Select best compound ideas using modeling tools
- Work in close cooperation with medicinal chemists to define their needs and perform requested modeling
- Document and communicate results to management and clients
- Develop optimization strategies and new models for affinity prediction
- More than 5 years of experience in the field of computational chemistry
- Expertise in structure based modeling
- Experience with interpretation of ligand-protein structures, tools for the design of ligand and analyze of binding sites
- In depth understanding of ADME characteristics and experience with the calculation of physicochemical parameters
- Hands on experience with computational and cheminformatics tools to analyze compound design
- Familiar with the use of screening libraries, proficient with programing languages ( Python, shell…)
- Ability to work under Linux and to handle biological data and compound database, with your own scripts
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Ann-Kathrin Zeisberger.