R&D Director Flour
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Food organization, based in Dubai United Arab Emirates.
is an innovative and integrated food producing company. The company is producing a wide range of Food products. Within the company there are several business units, for the Business unit Bakery I'm currently in the search of an R&D Director. Our client manufactures and distributes a wide range of bakery ingredients, which are tailor-made for artisan and industrial bakeries.
In this role you will be responsible for developing a strategic “Innovation” agenda and ensuring the delivery of Company goals for researching, developing new products, and improving existing products in Flour, Ingredients and Frozen Bakery.
- Provide Leadership to the Flour, Ingredients and Frozen Bakery R&D initiatives.
- Independently lead R&D initiatives on Frozen Bakery and Bakery Ingredients to support the application of Flour
- Responsible to develop prototype products at bakery pilot plant level and then launch on commercial scale in cooperation with Marketing and Sales department.
- Lead the different projects for Flour business.
- Work closely together with Sales and external customers and suppliers to develop innovative solutions and resolve technical problems.
- You are expert in industry methods and standards, in the potential applications of our products and updated and at the forefront of baking science and market trends.
- As a leader of R&D department, you will be accountable to increase resource capabilities upgrade skills and introduce “best in class” practices in order to create a R&D Centre Of Excellence for Bakery
- Building relationships with internal and external customers
- Bio engineer, food technology is a pre
- 10+ years of experience, relevant experience in Flour and Bakery industry is a must
- Strong experience in Flour, Ingredients, and most important Frozen Bakery
- Experience in a European food producing company
- Experienced with dough properties, enzymes, hydrocolloids, fibres, improvers, etc.
- Business understanding and familiarity with commercial and financial business priorities
- Leadership, Team working, strong Communication and influencing skills
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Paul van Voorst.