Location: Germany, Hamburg
Summary of Department Focus
Cognizant's AIM (Analytics and Information Management) practice is 22,000+ consultants strong and is one of the largest Analytics Practice in the Industry. The practice currently has more than 650+ active customers including several Fortune 500 companies and 150+ IP based Assets (Platforms, Solutions, Tools and Frameworks). Organized with dedicated 'Service-Lines' to drive growth in various segments - Data warehouse and Business Intelligence, Performance Management, Business Analytics and Information Architecture, Cognizant AIM practice has won 35 Industry and Customer Awards which is a testimony to our technology excellence and innovation.
Summary Job Description
As part of our Analytics and Information Management (AIM) Team, under minimal supervision, the person will provide oversight and guidance to project teams on medium sized to large DW/BI-projects while working closely with project stakeholders. AIM Architect is responsible for building architecture and technical solutions for clients accomplishing the stated project objectives, building the delivery plan, managing scope, financials and timelines. The person must have extensive experiences in Data Architecture/Modelling and DW/BI technologies like Informatica, Qlik, Oracle etc. or Big Data technologies and can provide technology guidance to the project teams and clients as needed.
- Leads, shapes, structures and drives medium and large assignments using DW/BI best practices and methodologies. Solicits and is receptive to input and feedback from team members, pursues continuous learning with others in teams, works to create and maintain cooperation among team members, and adapts behaviour and communication style to be effective in the situation. Treats all team members with respect.
- Generates client interest in DW/BI solutions other than the current, proactively positions the company for additional/added value work.
- Participates in proposals, creates content and/or solution. Ensures quality estimates, leveraging past data, experience, other forms of estimation, other teams, etc.
- Aligning the solution being recommended with the client Strategic direction, managing exceptions, and effectively communicating solutions and their justification to relevant stakeholders
- Can easily operate at CxO and board room level to help innovation and ensure the medium and long term strategic goals of the organization are achieved
- The role requires broad experience in the analysis, conception, build up and reengineering of Data-Warehouse architectures
- Build up and extension of business-data models, databases, and applications
- Development of existing data warehouse-architectures and processes
- Strong competencies in business-object-modelling
- On the day-to-day job the AIM Architect will work closely with the AIM Program/Project Manager and onsite teams across Germany and offshore project managers who are responsible for the offshore delivery teams. The person will have to ensure effective communication between the onsite and offshore teams and the client stakeholders
- Excellent influencing and facilitation skills, in particular problem solving/troubleshooting activities
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a resilient and flexible manner
- Is capable of becoming recognised as an expert within Cognizant and can develop this profile within the client organisation
- Fluent German and English language skills (written, spoken) are a must have. Other European language skills are an advantage
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centres worldwide and approximately 244,300 employees as of June 30, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant .