Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centres worldwide and approximately 221,700 employees as of December 31, 2015, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.
As part of our Digital Works team you will be engaged in client-facing roles such as solution presales, team lead, project manager and program manager. You will be responsible for ensuring high-quality delivery of innovative digital solutions built by our development teams in India and across the globe. For this role you will combine deep technical experience with strong consultative approaches and a proven track record in managing fixed-price software projects. For this job we are seeking established project managers with an additional strong background in digital technologies: web content management, mobile platforms, portal solutions or SharePoint.
Ideally, our Digital Project Manager shall be based out of Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Any other Cognizant Office in Germany (Hamburg/ Bochum/ Frechen/ Munich) can be considered as well.Key responsibilities:
- Manage IT and software projects based on digital experience technologies to our clients' satisfaction, within budgets and on schedule
- Lead globally dispersed teams of UX consultants, software developers, testers and business analysts
- Tailor the software development lifecycle to the project and client context
- Support business development activities and lead RFP pursuit teams
- Verify solution architectures for collaboration sites, external web sites, ecommerce systems and portal solutions
- Communicate solution elements clearly to development teams as well as client stakeholders
- Lead client workshops and act as point of contact for remote development teams
- Report routinely to suitable governance entities
- Proven experience in managing fixed-price software projects
- Strong familiarity with waterfall and agile methodologies. PMP and Agile certifications are a plus.
- Foundational background in in focus digital technologies such as : J2EE or .NET, ecommerce, mobile applications, web development, DevOps tools and processes
- Consulting experience in a client-facing context
- Deep understanding of requirements capture, analysis and engineering
- Active interest in digital technologies and their impact for enterprises
- Very strong customer focus, appetite for travel
- Excellent German and English written and verbal communication skills, both towards software developers as well as senior-level client stakeholders
- Interest in working in a global delivery environment with offshore development
- Degree in Computer Science or a comparable subject