BI Test Analyst
Location: Frechen/Bonn, Germany (other location can be discussed)
Summary of Department Focus
Cognizant's AIM (Analytics and Information Management) practice is 30,000+ consultants strong and is one of the largest Analytics Practice in the Industry. The practice currently has more than 650+ active customers including several Fortune 500 companies and 150+ IP based Assets (Platforms, Solutions, Tools and Frameworks). Organized with dedicated 'Service-Lines' to drive growth in various segments - Data warehouse and Business Intelligence, Performance Management, Business Analytics and Information Architecture, Cognizant AIM practice has won 35 Industry and Customer Awards which is a testimony to our technology excellence and innovation.
Summary Job Description
This BI Test Analyst will drive test activities independently in the client's cluster test unit and will work in a unique BI Test Factory model with minimal onshore presence. The goal is to deliver high quality output, overcoming language barriers (communication between onshore/offshore) and build strong relationships with client.
- Design, develop, document test plans, test criteria, test cases and acceptance criteria
- Quality and test advocacy and resolution of issues that impede the testing effort
- Document test results as per standards
- Writing test cases, test plan and its execution
- Knowledge in deriving test scenarios / cases from use cases / requirement specifications
- Perform data preparation activities to support testing
- Prioritize testing and reduce overall QA effort
- Technical testing of a planned campaign before implementation phase
- Optimizes the effort required to test a particular application (by accepting certain amount of risk of failure
- Define KPIs and performance metrics
Knowledge and Key Competencies
- Strong working experience on SQL databases and strong database experience
- Good skills in PL SQL and Unix
- Telecommunications domain knowledge
- Working experience with Data warehouse testing
- HP-ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) hands on experience
- Good German and English language skills (written, spoken)
- Experienced in executing test cases and reporting the outcomes
- Very good communication skills
- Strong problem solving and good analytical skills (defect analysis and reporting)
Nice to Have Competencies
- Long exposure in Client facing roles
- Experience in reviewing functional specifications and requirements specs
Cognizant's AIM offers a plethora of opportunities for your personal & professional growth and ensures successful and exciting career development path for you.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centres worldwide and approximately 244,300 employees as of June 30, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant .