Qlikview Developer (m/f)
Summary of Department Focus
Cognizant's AIM (Analytics and Information Management) practice is 22,000+ consultants strong and is one of the largest Analytics Practice in the Industry. The practice currently has more than 650+ active customers including several Fortune 500 companies and 150+ IP based Assets (Platforms, Solutions, Tools and Frameworks). Organized with dedicated 'Service-Lines' to drive growth in various segments - Data warehouse and Business Intelligence, Performance Management, Business Analytics and Information Architecture, Cognizant AIM practice has won 35 Industry and Customer Awards which is a testimony to our technology excellence and innovation.
Summary Job Description
The AIM BI Developers, under the technical guidance of AIM Technical Lead, will be responsible for developing technical solutions for clients accomplishing the stated project objectives in line with the delivery plan, maintaining the scope, financials and timelines. The person must have good hands on BI technology and provide technology guidance to the peers and clients as needed. Exposure to Qlikview is a must.
- Drives medium and large assignments using DW/BI best practices and methodologies. Solicits and is receptive to input and feedback from team members, pursues continuous learning with others in teams, works to create and maintain cooperation among team members, and adapts behaviour and communication style to be effective in the situation. Treats all team members with respect
- Generates client interest in DW/BI solutions other than the current, proactively positions the company for additional/added value work
- Participates in proposals, creates content and/or solution. Ensures quality estimates, leveraging past data, experience, other forms of estimation, other teams, etc.
- Aligning the solution being recommended with the client Strategic direction, managing exceptions, and effectively communicating solutions and their justification to relevant stakeholders
- The role requires broad experience in the analysis, conception, build up and reengineering of Data-Warehouse architectures
- Build up and extension of business-data models, databases, and applications
- Development of existing data warehouse-architectures and processes
- On the day-to-day job the AIM BI Developers will work closely with the AIM ETL Lead and onsite teams across Germany and offshore project teams
- Excellent influencing and facilitation skills, in particular problem solving/troubleshooting activities
Experience and knowledge
- Relevant professional experience in working as a BI Developer is mandatory
- Technically experienced in working with Qlikview
- Previous consulting experience in a complex multi-national organisation
- Proven Business and IT experience in DWH projects ideally supported with relevant professional qualifications
- Fluent German and English language skills (written, spoken) are a must have
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centers worldwide and approximately 233,000 employees as of March 31, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant .