Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centres worldwide and approximately 221,700 employees as of December 31, 2015, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at .
Join a rapidly growing consulting and IT services Fortune 500 company with around 220,000 employees worldwide, a very flexible international business, customers that are leaders in their respective sectors, and a high level of commitment.Cognizant Analytics Practice
The Cognizant Analytics RoW (Rest of the World - anywhere not America) team is responsible for delivering analytics ranging from descriptive statistics to advanced statistical (predictive) modeling, Operations Research and Machine learning algorithms. You will be working in a variety of industries and using a diverse set of tools to bring insights out of complex data. Accessing a range of data stored in disparate systems, integrating data and providing data mining to answer specific business questions as well as identifying unknown trends and relationships in data.
Delivering a high quality and innovative data driven solution to our client's needs. This will include, working within a team on the clients site: understanding the client's pain, designing an analytical approach, implementing a solution, ensuring it is of high quality, and leading and mentoring junior team member.
You will lead and be actively involved with business development (the sales process).
- Work at a client site as a member of an experienced onsite consulting team developing and applying advanced and analytics and data mining methodologies
- Prepare presentations and reports on findings as well as recommend next steps to ensure successful project completion and to help team penetrate client accounts
- Outline and document methodological approaches and provide support in the development of solutions and preparation of RFP responses
- Prepare projects action plans while designing timelines and developing risk mitigation plans
- Consistently deliver high-quality service as well as consultative & business development support to clients
- Seek and develop innovative methods and processes and keep up to date on latest trends, tools and advancements in the area of analytics and data
- Take active part in responding to RFIs and RFPs - support the proactive and reactive sales process by providing the advanced analytics aspect of presentations and responses to clients.
- Lead and mentor junior team members
- Proven, deep analytic skillset with experience in statistical analysis, predictive modeling, operations research and/or machine learning techniques
- consultative approach with regard to identifying client issues and commitment to delivering high quality solutions
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research Information Systems or similar analytic/data intensive subject area - or the acquisition of such skills through professional experience
- know-how in different statistical programming languages such as Python, R, SAS
- Knowledge in data mining using SAS Enterprise miner, R advanced analysis packages, Alteryx or other analytic packages
- Experience in segmentation, predictive analytics, preferably in e-Commerce context, real time personalization
- Bonus: Exposure to Time series analysis, Bayesian analysis, Bayesian belief networks, Dirichlet process and machine learning techniques such as natural language processing
- Data manipulation programming ability such as SQL and Perl. Ability to integrate multiple systems and data sets using a variety of techniques and tools. Able to link and mash up distinctive data sets to discover new insights
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in German and English and flexibility to travel