Buyer / Supply Chain Manager (poultry)
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Food organization, based in Bayern Germany.
The company a well-known company in the food-production industry with the focus on meat, poultry and agriculture. This company operates like a family and offers a great work environment.
As Buyer / Supply Chain Manager you are responsible for procurement inside Europe with the focus on poultry. You will directly report to the Supply Chain Director and will be working in a team of 12-15 people, that is responsible for the purchasing of raw material for meat.
- Procurement of raw materials focusing on poultry in Europe.
- Market development: Analysis of potential markets and suppliers as well as proposals for the selection of suppliers of strategic allocation
- Continuous market observation
- Creation of market reports and raw material planning
- Automation and management of shopping and Market Statistics
- Price negotiations with suppliers in coordination with the Supply Chain Director
- Optimizing the purchasing activities in perspective of raw material, value for money and logistics
- Strong involvement in the development and implementation of strategic objectives
- Travelling inside Europe
- Degree in agriculture,biotechnology, economics or related education
- Relevant work experience with Procurement or Sales in the agriculture- or food (ideally focusing on poultry / meat)
- Analytical thinking as well as an independent predictive and solution-oriented approach
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Fluency in German- and English language
- Willingness to travel
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Rosa Markus.