Clinical Data Scientist
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Pharmaceutical organization, based in Antwerpen Belgium.
Our client is a leading company in health and hygiene.
In this position as Clinical Data Scientist you will be responsible for the leverage of anonymized patient level-data for improvement of the clinical research process from the clinical protocol design up to clinical site selection and patient recruitment.
- Get in-depth understanding of available patient-level datasets
- Formalize inclusion/exclusion criteria from clinical trial protocols into queries providing relevant results as input for management decisions
- Analyze results, generate reports and present outcomes to internal clinical research teams
- Provide input on user requirements for trial design, feasibility analysis, site selection and patient recruitment
- Develop test plans and test against criteria for evaluating the performance and usability of platforms
- For the used platforms: Evaluate and measure data quality, software functionality and analytic tools and provide constructive feed-back to all stakeholders
- Pro-actively continue to strengthen subject matter expertise on query formalization and data mapping and quality of source data from healthcare providers
- Experienced in working with: patient data, including clinical data warehousing, clinical information systems, EMR, drug/disease claims information
- Strong skills in working with clinical data coding systems (For example: ICD9/10, LOINC, SNOMED, ATC), anatomic pathology, and clinical standards
- Extensive knowledge of clinical trial processes, protocol design, definition of eligibility criteria and study placement
- Knowledge and understanding of the EU and US health care environment and data privacy is an asset
- University degree in medical sciences, with a strong affinity for medical informatics
- At least 3 years of experience in a clinical research environment in a CRO, the pharmaceutical industry or in a hospital clinical (research) setting
- IT: knowledge about SQL, excel, clinical research data mapping and data profiling; knowledge about OMOP is an asset
- English and Dutch fluent
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Hanneke de Koning.