Global Packaging Development Manager Cosmetics
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional FMCG organization, based in Brussel Belgium.
A leading company in FMCG and cosmetic products. The products are sold in over 150 countries world wide.
As Global Packaging Development Manager you will support the company's strategy by ensuring brand packaging is developed meeting the brand's values and quality, creativity and innovation within a managed timeline and cost objective.
The Global Packaging Development Manager has to:
- Understand that the first consumer experience is the package. Represent the culture and DNA of the brand or business segment being managed.
- Drive innovation by presenting new packaging concepts, technologies and delivery systems to support new marketing, product development and design ideas.
- Search new applicable technologies both within and outside the industry in order to continuously evaluate best practice and support product innovation.
- With the assistance of senior development, provide a comprehensive feasibility of each concept or package that defines function, manufacturability, component cost, tooling estimates, preliminary development lead time, risk and global consistency.
- Support the strategic management initiative by managing all aspects of the development process. Package feasibility, packaging outline development, component/package costing specifications and technical profiles, and supplier recommendation/selections.
- Support on all finished goods, sampling programs, and kits (i.e. sachet, deluxe samples, beauty on the fly sizes, travel retail, and holiday)
- Suggest tooling strategy to support both preliminary forecast and weekly rate of production requirements.
- Build value analysis into every new development ensuring the construction and design provides the most cost effective way to achieve design criteria but also provide the best function and quality.
- Manage projects through technical packaging to ensure design and construction meets all the company's engineering requirements.
- Develop and implement package test plans for all projects. Work with manufacturing and quality engineering to define specifications, design criteria, and defect ranges to ensure optimal process flow from manufacture of components through filling and assembly.
- Develop package specifications and validate that technical drawings clearly identify all aspects required to define the package.
- Ensure all projects are completed and meet the intended design, quality, cost, functionality, and manufacturability objectives.
- BSc in Packaging Science, Engineering, or related field
- At least 5 years' relevant working experience
- Proven development experience
- Technical knowledge of primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging
- Fluent in English
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Frederieke Beunk.