Supply Planning Manager
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Food organization, based in Brabant Flamand Belgium.
The Supply Planning Manager will lead the Supply Planning department (Production Planning, Raw Materials and Packaging flows) in order to ensure optimal product flows, stock levels and production efficiencies throughout the plant. As responsible of the Supply Planning within the S&OP-process, he/she plays a key role in the Service Level of the plant towards the customers and in the Cost Efficiency of the different production departments.
The Supply Planning Manager is also responsible for all operational performances (SHE, Quality, Service, Cost and People) of his/her department and implements the continuous improvement program towards Operational Excellence. The Supply Planning Manager is a member of the Site Management Team.
1. Planning & organization.
- Weekly planning of capacity (shifts) and equipment
- Reception of the Raw materials
- Management of the Raw Materials and Packaging Warehouses
- Transport between in- and external warehouses
- External warehouse management
- Weekly replenishment of the Raw Materials (bulk and packed) and Packaging
- Inventory: ensure the accuracy of the stocks at any time
- Determine safety stocks
- Planning of packaging activities-
- Preparation of all types of packaging (boxes, bags, buckets, pallets etc.), including labeling
- Return logistics of reusable containers
- Weekly production planning powders
- Weekly production planning fats and glazes
- Staging of RM and PM to departments in time and in full
- Master data, SAP/MES: ensure the accuracy of the data by a strict respect of the processes
- Manage the supply process on the short, mid and long term
- Coordinate supply plan with production & procurement
Food safety responsibilities
2. Coaching and training
- People management of direct reports
- Coaching of Direct reports to enable them to fulfil their role to their maximum potential
- Selection and recruitment of new employees
- Create a good working environment
- Optimization of the knowledge, skills and competency level in the department
3. Continuous Improvement
- Change manager
- Active participation in the implementation of the LEAN methodology to optimize flows
4. Reporting/budget - investments/projects
- Report the results on a regular base (Site-meeting,)
- Implementation and follow-up of KPI’s
- Definition and follow-up of action plan to improve the production activities
- Optimization of current situations/machines and proposition of investments/projects
- Yearly budget
- Master degree
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Supply Planning, ideally in the Food Industry (production lines/plants, warehouse management, deployment, …)
- Fluent in French and/or Dutch (spoken & written) and English.
- Proficient with the Microsoft office suite
- Good knowledge of SAP (incl. SAP APO PP/DS)
- Strong people manager
- Decisive and stress resistant
- Knowledge of World Class Supply Chain and 5S methodology
- Safety wareness
- Quality &continuous improvement focused
- Managing Change
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Jonas Houweling.