RA Officer/Nutrition Expert (28hrs/week)
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Food organization, based in Noord-Holland Netherlands.
The company is specialized in health food and has a number of well-known brands. As Regulatory Affairs Officer, you will be responsible for a product catalogue of 150 unique products.
A job as a Regulatory Affairs Officer in this company is a diverse role. You are part of the R&D team, which also includes QA. Products, packaging and marketing need to comply to both legal and nutritional requirements, and this is your responsibility. You will also contribute to R&D projects by providing ideas on new concepts, health claims and nutritional criteria. The company is dedicated to health food and its consumers watch the food industry closely, making this a challenging role.
- Contributing to development and monitoring of the correct application of the company's food policy on its portfolio to comply with legal requirements.
- Checking packaging and other commercial material for nutritional and legal accuracy and veracity.
- Keeping up with developments in legislation and nutritional information.
- Translating new developments in legislation and nutritional information into suggestions for R&D and Sales & Marketing.
- Supporting Customer Service by providing allergen lists, Q&A's, etc.
- Contributing to R&D by providing input on new concepts, possible claims and nutritional criteria.
- Managing incoming product specifications.
- Giving trainings to staff.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Nutrition & Dietetics or similar. Candidates with a Food Technology degree will unfortunately not be considered.
- Some experience with Regulatory Affairs in the Food industry.
- Knowledge of Dutch and EU Food legislation required.
- Experience with product specification software (e.g. GS1, Foodscore, Interspec, PIM, etc.) is an asset.
- Knowledge of labelling is an asset.
- Fluency in Dutch and English required; fluency in German and/or French is an asset.
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Michiel den Uijl.