Medical Scientific Liaison - Immunology/Rheumatology
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Pharmaceutical organization, based in Antwerpen Belgium.
At the Medical department we will consider patients first in all activities to fulfill our mission to maximize the safe and appropriate use of our products by identifying and communicating their medical value. We will succeed in this by becoming the preferred partner of our external customers.
The Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL) is jointly responsible, together with Medical Advisor (MA) and/or Medical Affairs Manager and/or Director MAF, to develop and execute medical excellence and medical leadership in his/her assigned therapeutic area. The MSL will focus on the Medical Field activities by developing a network of Leading Specialists and by developing, initiating and executing medical education activities.
·To maximize company value and assure right use of product(s) through high scientific quality communication with Leading Specialists on a peer-to-peer basis. To be a therapeutic area scientific expert, develop a company vision on treatment paradigms, be responsible for discussing our products, patients’ treatment trends and studies in the therapeutic areas in which we are involved, on a peer-to-peer basis with defined audience of Leading Specialists (Physicians, Pharmacists, Hospital Managers, Board Members of Scientific Societies, and other stakeholders) and to be considered a trusted scientific counterpart and be recognized as a partner.
·Roll-out/ execute medical projects coming from MAM, MA and/or Project management office (PMO) and feedback progress to responsible MAM, MA and/or PMO contact.
·Support Medical Affairs study execution
·Planning, organization and participation in Medical Education activities:
- Identify/support/educate speakers.
- Develop Medical Education programs with scientific third party and MAM/MA.
- Manage assigned Medical Education budget, as appropriate.
·Organization and participation in Advisory Boards in cooperation with other MAF team members, as appropriate.
·Be a professional member of the Regional Stakeholder Team.
Responsible for development and execution of regional account plans together with Product Specialist and Key account manager for his/her region/country.
Feedback of market and customer experience information towards MAM/MA as well as status and alignment on regional action plans as set out by regional channel teams, especially on medical requirements needed.
·Development and maintenance of a contact network with Leading Specialists.
- Understands their needs, key value drivers, practical treatment patterns and scientific activities within therapeutic area.
·Proactive and reactive communication of medical scientific data to Leading Specialists.:
- Proactive communication only within label. Off-label communication only in reaction to an unsolicited request.
- Gives external presentations on disease area, and products.
- Briefing of external speakers on products and disease area.
·Through scientific interactions:
- Gain valuable insights into treatment patterns, and scientific activities in the TA and provide input to the company Medical Affairs Plan / business decision making.
- With Leading Specialists, champion medical benefits of products and contribute to foster innovative therapeutic approaches to benefit patients.
·Provide scientific support to company Product Specialists, Marketing and others, as appropriate.
·Make sure all activities deployed are in line with HCBI regulations and ensure review by the MAM (and HCC in case of value transfer).
- Scientific Degree: Medical Doctor (preferred), pharmaceutical or biomedical degree. Experience as MSL is not required, but preferred.
- Strong analytical, communication, decision-making and leadership skills for interaction with external and internal customers and partners
- Highly customer focused
- Excellent communication skills (including presentation skills) and team player
- Willing to comply with regulatory requirements and with company policy on business integrity
- Languages: Dutch, English: spoken, written. French: spoken. (This person will work in Belgium (Flanders and Wallonië))
- Essential computer skills: knowledge of Microsoft Office (Email, PowerPoint and Excel)
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Rosa Markus.