SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Healthcare and Medical Devices organization, based in Noord-Brabant Netherlands.
The Inventory Coordinator will form an integral part of the Purchasing function in the achievement of Operational objectives. With a strong, solid background in planning/purchasing and supply chain management, the candidate will take a proactive approach in reviewing current systems and procedures, making recommendations and implementing changes. The key role is to leading the Company forward in securing quality suppliers of materials and components covering price delivery and quality targets. Use various sources of information from Operations, sales& marketing, IT, office management, general management. This role will report into the Materials Manager and will support the whole Planning & procurement team to achieve targets. The role has I main focus on planning.
- Managing and controlling some of the EMEA’s external suppliers with particular emphasis on finished good.
- Tendering/ RFQ’s skills
- Ensure parts and materials are bought at the most competitive price and delivered on time.
- Establish strategic relationships with key suppliers (probably turnkey including design) who are aligned to the company's needs.
- Identify new suppliers, agree terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates.
- Foster close working relationships with associated departments eg. Sales, Operations, IT, Office management and general management.
- Continually improve purchasing methods and drive down external spend.
- Supplier visits.
- Supplier management, according global quality procedures
- To carry out a comprehensive review of the Purchasing function and its methodology and identify and implement improvements.
- Develops, modifies and maintain standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Perform other duties as requested, like for instance organizer of a rework excersise
- Adhere to Company’s safety rules
- >5 years work experience in the areas of purchasing, planning and inventory management.
- Must have solid knowledge of a variety operations activities including purchasing, quality standards of materials and document control.
- Strong Soft Skills (Negotiation, manage stress, proactive, self-motivated, communications, etc) and Hard skills (ERP/MRP, Lean)
- Excellent computer skills required, Excel preferred.
- 5 years’ work experience with computerized purchasing system strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend whilst developing a robust supplier base
- Management and coordination of Purchasing activities, tendering, RFQ
- Management and coordination of Purchasing activities with relation to Cost, Delivery and Quality performance
- Coordinating and managing with Quality personnel, resolutions to Supplier Quality concerns, ensuring timely and effective containment and long term resolution of each concern
- Experience with master data maintenance
- Office language is English. Some additional language is a pre.
- Positive, enthusiast, accurate and flexible team-member who takes initiatives.
- Education: logistics on MBO+/HBO level.
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Jonas Houweling.