Cell Beta Scientist
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Biotechnology organization, based in Belgium.
The company is a biotech company working to help patients with a severe form of diabetes. They are now moving beyond pre-clinical development onto setting up for clinical trials.
You will be involved in the scientific development of beta assays and help new characterisation, assay development by steering a team and help in making a new laboratory facility ready to be put to use.
- You will in charge of cell characterisation
- You will steer assay development
- You will help in new assays and techniques
- You will guide a technical team and aid in helping to update the SOPs, reports and so on
- You will steer the start-up of a new lab facility
- PhD in Biomedical sciences, Biology or a related field
- Postdoctoral experience in preclinical development
- Experience with handling lab animals (FELASA B/C)
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cells and cell lines
- Hands-on experience with assay set up an techniques (FACS, ELISA)
- Having worked with assay development in diabetes is a major pre
- Hands-on experience in the field of immunology
- Fluent in Dutch and English
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Hanneke de Koning.