CLS Portfolio Lead
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Agriculture organization, based in Germany.
My client is a very successful multinational specialized in cropscience and vegetable seeds, with locations worldwide. Due to structural growth and very ambitious plans towards the future, an environment is present with much room for input & creative ideas for strategy.
As the new Computational Life Sciences (CLS) Portfolio Lead, you will manage the CLS portfolio activities and lead a team of 4-5 (senior) scientists. You need a helicopter view as you have to ensure meaningful exchange of knowledge across R&D and other teams. You are an innovative leader, who can communicate with different disciplines and is not afraid to think creatively. You are experienced in data sciences and are ready for a new scientific challenge. Playing a decisive role in (global) strategy making and execution is one of the main goals in the role. For this position, a competitive salary is offered in an international environment as well as opportunities for further development.
- Manage Computational Life Science (CLS) portfolio activities together with CLS team
- Manage the CLS method and portfolio via strong communication across the R&D and external parties
- Aim for innovative technologies and integration of applications, especially with third parties for capturing, processing and analyzing of large data sets
- Analyze external trends in data science and translate them into internal developments, challenging current approaches
- Ensure smooth and productive interface to BCS' Digital Farming Initiative with regard to novel types of data and innovative algorithms
- Start-up of novel projects using latest technologies; ensure establishment of data reports; communicate findings across R&D
- Establish and expand the CLS network in order to stay updated about latest technologies and techniques to approach scientific challenges
- Lead and manage the CLS Portfolio team (4-5 senior scientists)
- Report to Head of Computational Life Sciences
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Data Sciences, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of industrial experience related to computational life sciences
- Strong leadership skills proven by team management experience
- Flexibility and communication skills to work across a multidisciplinary work environment
- Ability and ambition to work in an international and dynamic team environment
- Established an extensive network in the CLS world, both industrial as well academic
- Open and interested to discuss strategies with scientists on a deep level
- Innovative personality who can think "out of the box"
- Fluency in English (German is a pre)
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Laura Mendel.