Head of Galenical Development (m/w)
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Pharmaceutical organization, based in Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany.
The company is an international organisation, the site in Cologne is developing liquids and semi solids forms for OTC products.
You will be part of the consumer Healthcare department and lead a team of Pharmacists for the development of innovative dosage forms based on herbals and naturals.
- You are responsible for leading all formulation development projects for the herbals products category from prototype to market, including scaling up and industrialisation
- You enable effective communication and are responsible for reporting project status, progress and issues
- You lead strategic projects and are responsible for budget planing, CAPEX and timelines
- Your manage a team of 5 -10 Pharmacists
- You provide expertise and innovative ideas and proactively evaluate new technical possibilities
- You forster innovation within the group in facilitating internal and external collaboration, and knowledge transfer about galenics, herbals and naturals
- University degree and Degree as Pharmacist
- 5 to 10 years of professional experience in formulation
- Experience in OTC specifically about product development based on Naturals (e.g. plant extracts, seaweeds, natural gums, vitamins, minerals, phospholipids)
- Experience with relevant dosage forms ( solids, semil solids, tablets, pellet, soft gel, sirups... )
- Knowledge in pharmaceutical technology, upscaling and transfer to production plants
- Proven experience in project management (timelines, budget, project presentation, updates)
- Very strong communication / presentation skills including ability to interface with both technical and commercial staff at a high level
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken), German is a benefit
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Ann-Kathrin Zeisberger.