Manager Engineering Filtration (m/w/d)
The Manager Engineering Filtration based out of Seebach's office in Vellmar is responsible to plan, lead and organize the different specialized workstream of the engineering department. Leadership is given to a team of 3 workgroups, which are: Design Engineering, Bidding / Application Engineering and Research & Development. The Manager Engineering Filtration works also closely with other functions such as the sales, project management, manufacturing and supply chain to ensure the engineering contribution of the full order-to-cash process for filtration solutions in Seebach strategic application areas. The Manager Engineering Filtration will also be responsible for providing regular planning (customer, value add engineering and new product development projects, corresponding personnel and capex needs, KPI and development objectives).
- Manages subordinate team leaders including design engineering, application engineering, and R&D
- Achieves business's annual operating budget by engineering targets while maintaining costs
- Ensure efficient support of GeoMarket and Business Development sales force, in delivering necessary technical specifications, feasibility studies and costing for inquiries
- Ensure on time delivery of technical proposals, manufacturing drawings / BOMs for filter solutions, elements, tools as well as the necessary product documentation
- Engineering responsibility to resolve production non-conformance, quality issues, and RCAs
- Control and coordinate efficient development of new products based on market / customer needs
- Support development of product sizing and selection tools, as well as development and / or enhancement of standard working procedures
- Drive continuous improvement, standardization, VAVE, and other strategic initiatives
- Understand future filtration trends and derive needed technologies and products, and challenges the current status and driving innovation out of it
- Work closely and collaboratively with other engineering teams in the product line
- Drive the integration of Seebach Engineering and R&D with broader John Crane
- Approves and enforces Engineering and John Crane policies and procedures throughout the facility
- Prepares and submits annual engineering budgets to the filtration management team
- Setting of strategic team objectives, coordinating their distribution into the corresponding teams, providing regular feedback to direct reports
- Provide as part of the Seebach management team reporting on team performance, project acquisition and execution and new product development
- Develop team skills and competences tailored to organization support requirements, identify talents and create together with management and HR specific talent development programs
- Completes other assignments as directed.
What we offer
- Master degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline or natural science with several years' experience in technology development, engineering or similar functions.
- Requires some knowledge of filtration in Seebach accessible industries: Polymer, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Aerospace, Refinery and Turbomachinery
- Several years' engineering experience (including some years of management experience)
- Affinity with filtration and/or separation as essential technology in process industry
- An ability to work in an international environment with functional teams spread over various regions including corresponding willingness to travel (20 %)
- Self-starter and highly motivated to achieve results with limited direct supervision.
- Excellent people skills and proven ability to lead a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German (Dutch would be a plus), a proficiency in MS Office
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives, changing priorities and reassign priorities to complete assignments.
Please send us your CV / Cover letter in English; including your salary expectation and your potential start date.
- A thorough and practical approach
- Interesting and diversified responsibilities
- An innovative and dynamic environment
- A flat hierarchy with a swift decision path
John Crane is a part of
bringing technology to life
A world leader in the practical application of advanced technologies, Smiths Group delivers products and services for the threat and contraband detection, medical devices, energy, communications and engineered components markets worldwide.